J.P.W. Lütgens was taken over by the Barge Operator CARL ROBERT ECKELMANN including all vessels.
In 1957 a new boiler was installed by the Shipyard M.A. Flint and the Moorfleth was renamed to her present name "Claus D.". She was named after the well known procurator Claus Dietrich Krabbenhöft. Only the short form of the name as Mr. Krabbenhöft did not want to see his family name on a tug.
As the company was working in the field of oil transport, sorage and oil handling Claus D. was one of the first of its kind to get an oil fired boiler for the usage of heavy fuel oil.
In the following years the tug was used to tow barges in the port of Hamburg upriver up to Lauenburg and sometimes even on the Kiel Fjord.