Claus D. is a Steam Tug built in 1913 and now operated by the Museumshafen Oevelgoenne e.V. (Historic / Museum Harbour Hamburg Oevelgoenne).
Claus D. was in service up to 1983 and therefor can be considered as the last steam vessel in active service in the port of Hamburg.
In 1984 the Tug was donated to the Museumshafen Oevelgoenne e.V. by her previous owner the Eckelmann Gruppe. Since that time it is operated and maintained by a crew of volunteers.
Claus D. is doing regular trips in the port of Hamburg and on the river Elbe. It offers the rare possibility to see 105 years old technology in action and of course to see a modern port from a different perspective.